Presented at the Police Protective Association Events Center
January 28, 2016
To advocate for Denver citizens by bringing together, informing and empowering Denver neighborhood organizations to actively engage in addressing City issues.
The purpose of Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation’s Annual Awards Dinner is to honor those who have contributed to improving our community and their neighborhoods. INC also holds a silent auction as an annual fundraiser to benefit its continued efforts to engage in addressing City issues.
The Evening’s Schedule of Events
Cocktails and Silent Auction
- Larry Ambrose, INC President
- Rafael Espinoza, Councilman District 1, Denver City Council
- Don Mares – Deputy Mayor, Exec. Dir. dept. of Human Services
Chinese New Year’s Celebration
Shaolin Hung Mei – Shī Fù H. Solow (師父許浩義)
- Andrew Romanoff, Master of Ceremonies, President & CEO, Mental Health America of Colorado
- Carrie Atiyeh, Director, Government & Community Affairs
2015 INC Award Recipients
Life Time Achievement Award
Diana Helper – University Park Community Council
President’s Award – Awarded for Outstanding Service
Brad Cameron – Capitol Hill United Neighbors (CHUN)
Person of the Year – Awarded in honor of Virginia Oredson
Steve Nissen – Alamo Placita Neighbors Association
Community Safety Award – Awarded in honor of Bill Gross
Mark Ungar-Whittier Neighborhood Association
Neighborhood Stars – Making Denver a better place to live
- Mara Owen (President), The Evans Bridge Beautification Project: Overland Park Neighborhood Association
- Joan Seeman: The Citizens Exploratory Committee for Health and Safety
- Gayle Rodgers Southmoor Park South Neighborhood Association
- Jennifer Engleby: University Park Community Council
- Shirlie Schley, Sloans Lake
- Anthony Thomas (posthumous) Civic Association of Clayton
Annual INC Dinner Song
(Sung to tune: “Auld Lang Syne”)
Words: Diana Helper – Univ. Park INC Delegate
Should I.N.C. e’er be forgot,
That would be a Dreadful Thing !
It’s city-smart! It Plays its part!
And tonight, its paraise we sing!
With zoning, traffic, every fuss!
We care! We share! We Dare!
This year, the Monkey shines on us-
We’ll be Glad to help the Mayor!
So, don’t forget, when dangers threat
Your fine Community –
We’re strong! we’re bold! it’s long been told –
Forty years of I. N. C. !!!!
Thank You to the INC Awards Dinner Sponsors
Thank You for making special our Year of the Monkey Celebration
The Schomp Family
Shaofin Hung Mei Kung Fu
Relish Catering & Events
The PPA Event Center
Donors and Solicitors For the Silent Auction
MSU Denver Hospitality Tourism & Event Students
Dinner Committee Jane Potts, Chair
Beth Trudgeon, Marlene Johnson, Karen Taylor, Gayle Rodgers
Jane Parker-Ambrose, Entertainment & Decorations
1,639 total views, 0 views today