Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation will partner again with the League of Women Voters of Denver to organize election forums to be presented by our partnership known as Denver Decides through Denver 8TV for the very important November 8 2016 elections. Due to budget reasons, all of the forums will be conducted at the Denver8TV studio downtown and not at community locations as in the past. The dates are not finalized yet, but they will be confirmed and publicized in the near future.
We need all INC members and all registered neighborhood organizations to help in this effort by:
1. Developing and sending questions to ask the candidates and ballot issue presenters no later than September 20 to email@example.com.
2. Encouraging all of your members to watch the forums on Denver8TV or online at www.DenverDecides/org.
3. Encouraging your members to vote on or before November 8.
4. Forwarding this message and any follow-up messages to your members and/or including them in your newsletter.
This is a great opportunity for INC and neighborhood organizations to let the public, candidates and ballot issue presenters know that INC is actively involved in civic affairs and to inform citizens and our members about the candidates and complicated issues on the ballot.
Some of the ballot issues have not yet been certified to have enough signatures, but the forums will likely include the issues regarding:
1. Denver Public Schools bond issue and mill levy exemption
2. Two Denver marijuana ballot issues
3. Scientific, Cultural Facilities District tax extension
4. State tobacco tax increase
5. State Raise the Bar – increase difficulty to pass constitutional amendments
6. State single-payer health insurance
7. Two issues regarding primary elections
8. Right to Die
9. Raise Colorado Minimum Wage
10. Two issues that would place limits on fracking
426 total views, 0 views today