Executive Committee Meeting August 14 2017

Improve Communication

Can we have a group that pushes information through Next Door? How do our delegates do wants to receive information (website, social media, etc.)?

Street blog, Channel 8, and other mediums can be used to relay information.

EC will use survey results and research some more communication options. This will be discussed at a future EC meeting.

78 total views, 2 views today

READ MORE

Executive Committee Minutes September 11, 2017

Venue / Date / Theme: Hotel is booked for January 31 – total ballroom. INC to invite same groups (City leaders, INC members, non-member RNO leaders). About 500 invitations and about half attend (250). Meal selection can be same as 2017. Cash bar.

Theme is Neighborhoods Working Together. Awards to be the central focus, shorter program, PPT to be INC branded, professional emcee and short Visit Denver presentation.

63 total views, no views today

READ MORE

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING Oct 9 2017

Saturday’s Meeting

Margie sent out notes from Saturday’s meetings.

There will a change to the bylaws that delegates who do not pay dues by February 15th (45 days prior to election) will not be eligible to vote in the March officer elections.

Executive Committee will be trained on Robert’s Rules. Loretta will speak to an attorney for training. Payment for a parliamentarian may be an option.

Both sides of issues will be presented; and, ideally, motions will be presented in writing.

Meeting attendance requirements or charges will not be set, but organization attendance will be reported.

Dignitaries, Mayor’s office, and non-delegate RNO’s will be invited to dinners.

Child care will be considered for future forums but not for dinner.

February Forum will be for diversity / displacement / gentrification. Drew suggested a committee be set up for it. He also recommended a professor from Columbia be invited, since she will be in town around the same time as the forum. He will follow up on outreach to her.

50 total views, no views today

READ MORE

INC ZONING AND PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES – OCTOBER 28, 2017

Bridget Walsh and Tom Morris spoke about the issue of major land use decisions within parks being removed in the 2010 Zoning Code from the elected City Council and put in the hands of the Executive Director of the Department of Parks and Recreation, appointed by the Mayor. After discussion, the Committee approved the following motion by a vote of 17 in favor, 1 opposed and 5 abstentions:

127 total views, no views today

READ MORE

INC ZONING AND PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES – SEPTEMBER 23, 2017

Charlotte Winzenberg now represent INC on the STR Advisory Committee. Excise and Licenses has hired a private company to search for STRs, primarily through online listings, to make sure that, as the ordinance requires, an owner has obtained a license for the STR and that the STR is the primary residence of the owner. The city believes that there are approximately 3000 STRs (although many are rented only a few days per year). Currently, 2054 (about 67%) are licensed. Other city departments, not Excise and Licenses, regulate properties for issues such as noise and trash. Excise and Licenses has issued about 1600 warning notices and imposed fines on 35 properties.

115 total views, no views today

READ MORE

INC ZONING AND PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES – AUGUST 26, 2017

The Zoning and Planning Committee of Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation met on August 26, 2017 and briefly discussed the proposed “framework agreement” that will govern the National Western Center for the next 50 years and which is expected to be filed with City Council on September 7, 2017. Please note that we had no access to the document to review, because the very lengthy agreement has not been made available to the public and was negotiated and written behind closed doors.

159 total views, 1 views today

READ MORE

INC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING JUNE 12, 2017

At April meeting, a task force was formed to determine feasibility of a neighborhood conference with a workshop format that focused on RNO development and engagement topics in a roundtable format. Jane L. and Ian Harwick headed the task force. All city-registered RNO’s were contacted, as well as INC’s total RNO membership list to solicit feedback based on a structured set of questions to each. It was determined this conference is not desired in the summer months and that INC would need to be more clear about topics for many to carry it forward to their neighborhoods. Answer the “what’s in it for me” value.

222 total views, no views today

READ MORE