Hilary Lenz, Program Director at A Little Help, discussed her non-profit group which connects seniors to neighborhood volunteers. A Little Help is “Connecting Neighbors to Help Seniors Thrive.” Volunteers can be matched with seniors, providing resources such as giving seniors rides to the pharmacy, shoveling snow, performing chores and handy help, teaching technology, running general errands, and performing home health care.
74 total views, no views today
PARC said it has long been asking for Denver Parks and Rec numbers regarding costs and income from park use. PARC also is interested in the taking of park property for other uses. O’Brien indicates this accounting is improving, but still problematic. Every city contract includes the requirement of an audit by the City Auditor. PARC emphasized the need of returning park zoning to a form that requires vote of City Council (citizens’ elected channel) for use changes. Mr. O’Brien said that some City Councilpersons are in close contact with his office for information, and all are welcome.
129 total views, no views today
INC PROPOSED BYLAW CHANGES:
JJ Niemann, INC President, introduced Margie Valdez, Chair Bylaws Sub Committee, to review proposed bylaws changes pertaining to last date to renew membership within INC and to be able to participate in voting on or running for INC board positions. The changes were emailed to all members October 30, 2017. 45 delegates present at this time.
68 total views, no views today
Can we have a group that pushes information through Next Door? How do our delegates do wants to receive information (website, social media, etc.)?
Street blog, Channel 8, and other mediums can be used to relay information.
EC will use survey results and research some more communication options. This will be discussed at a future EC meeting.
93 total views, no views today
Margie sent out notes from Saturday’s meetings.
There will a change to the bylaws that delegates who do not pay dues by February 15th (45 days prior to election) will not be eligible to vote in the March officer elections.
Executive Committee will be trained on Robert’s Rules. Loretta will speak to an attorney for training. Payment for a parliamentarian may be an option.
Both sides of issues will be presented; and, ideally, motions will be presented in writing.
Meeting attendance requirements or charges will not be set, but organization attendance will be reported.
Dignitaries, Mayor’s office, and non-delegate RNO’s will be invited to dinners.
Child care will be considered for future forums but not for dinner.
February Forum will be for diversity / displacement / gentrification. Drew suggested a committee be set up for it. He also recommended a professor from Columbia be invited, since she will be in town around the same time as the forum. He will follow up on outreach to her.
68 total views, no views today
In lieu of a regular meeting, INC held a public forum to discuss CDOT’s planned expansion of I-70 through the neighborhoods of Elyria and Swansea, and the City of Denver’s related Platte to Park Hill Storm Water Project. Over 100 people attended the event. CDOT and Denver’s City Planning were invited to be on the panel and both declined.
INC’s goal was to provide an opportunity to have a serious open discussion about these two very complicated and controversial projects as well as ask hard questions that many feel have not been answered.
133 total views, no views today
UPDATE PARK HILL GOLF COURSE AND RESOLUTION
Brad Cameron updated the complex Park Hill Golf Course situation, gave a history of the conservation easement signed by Mayor Webb and now being discounted. The proposed contract between Clayton College and the City would allow for a great deal of development in the park space
142 total views, no views today